Sprowston woman died in car crash, inquest told
A 78-year-old Sprowston woman died after the car she was travelling in failed to stop at a junction on the A140 Cromer road at Stratton Strawless, an inquest heard.
Susan Clarke, a married housewife from Stonehouse Road, was the front seat passenger in a silver Toyota Yaris that collided with a line of trees on September 12.
The car had been travelling along Short-Thorn Road towards the junction and Norfolk police said it failed to stop at the junction.
Mrs Clarke died at the scene while the male driver, also in his 70s, suffered serious chest injuries and was taken to hospital.
Today's Norwich inquest was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
You may also want to watch:
Would you like to pay tribute to Mrs Clarke in the Evening News/Eastern Daily Press? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 5 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 6 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 7 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom