Sprowston woman died in car crash, inquest told
A 78-year-old Sprowston woman died after the car she was travelling in failed to stop at a junction on the A140 Cromer road at Stratton Strawless, an inquest heard.
Susan Clarke, a married housewife from Stonehouse Road, was the front seat passenger in a silver Toyota Yaris that collided with a line of trees on September 12.
The car had been travelling along Short-Thorn Road towards the junction and Norfolk police said it failed to stop at the junction.
Mrs Clarke died at the scene while the male driver, also in his 70s, suffered serious chest injuries and was taken to hospital.
Today's Norwich inquest was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
You may also want to watch:
Would you like to pay tribute to Mrs Clarke in the Evening News/Eastern Daily Press? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England