Community centre to open following major £1.2m revamp
- Credit: Sprowston Town Council
Following a major £1.2m upgrade, a community centre in the outskirts of Norwich will be officially opened to the public.
The Sprowston Diamond Centre, in School Lane, will be opened by councillor Ian Moncur, chairman of Sprowston Town Council, on Monday, December 10.
Broadland residents are welcome to celebrate the revamped community centre, which includes a multi-use sports hall, changing rooms and new kitchens, between 10am and 3pm.
Supported by Broadland District Council, the extension will see the centre being used as a meeting place for various groups, older people's organisations, dance groups and exercise classes, and can now accommodate larger group activities and offer sports facilities.
It also includes additional cooking facilities, new changing rooms, new toilets and car park improvements.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moncur said: 'I'm delighted that Sprowston Diamond Centre is fully open. This important community hub has always been very well used and, now it's been revamped, delivers exactly what Sprowston residents need.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17