Sprowston Community Dementia Cafe hosts royal wedding-themed party
- Credit: Angela Sharpe Photography
A dementia support group held a royal wedding-themed party for its members in Sprowston.
The event, held at the Sprowston Diamond Centre on Thursday, May 17, featured dancing, wedding-themed games and a sing-a-long.
Around 40 people turned up to the party, which was organised by the Sprowston Community Dementia Cafe.
The diamond centre was decked out in bunting and Union Jack decorations for the event, while guests wore red, white and blue.
They had the chance to reminisce about previous royal weddings during a brief slide show, enjoy party food, and listen to classic songs from decades gone by.
You may also want to watch:
The dementia café, which runs on the third Thursday of every month at the diamond centre on School Lane between 10am and 12pm, offers a friendly meeting place for families and carers who are living with dementia.
Are you hosting a community event? Email luke,firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital