Springfest Norwich 2018: City’s first global food and drink festival has been cancelled
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
In 2017 it was announced that OPEN in Norwich would be hosting a new festival inspired by Oktoberfest.
Springfest was set to be a one day extravaganza celebrating global food, drink and entertainment.
However a lack of ticket sales have prompted organisers to cancel the event.
Hayley Gerrard, Head of Marketing at OPEN, said: 'Due to the sell-out success of Oktoberfest last autumn we were encouraged to explore the opportunity of staging another international drinks and food festival - Springfest - in March.
'Unfortunately, our optimism has been unfounded and sales have not been as strong as we would have wished.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'We'd like to thank everyone for their support of Springfest, but sadly in light of the ticket sales and with a heavy heart we have decided to cancel this event.
'All those who have booked tickets have been offered an opportunity to exchange them for Oktoberfest tickets which are proving extremely popular once again or receive a full refund.'
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 9 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot