Sports Desk to grow Movember moustaches for charity
Nine members of the Archant Norfolk Sports Desk, including Norwich City columnist David Powles, have decided to become Mo Bro's to raise money for charity.
They will all be taking part in Movember which involves growing a moustache throughout the month of November, the aim of which is to raise funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.
Those sporting a hairy top lip include Head of Sport Chris Lakey (despite his wife's protests), team captain Peter Raven, Phil Banyard, Matt Chambers, Michael Bailey, Mark Armstrong, Milton Lindsay, David Thorpe and honorary sports desk member David Powles.
Matt is promising to grow a trucker's tache, Phil claims that 'when I grow facial hair I look like a criminal' whilst Michael is a Movember veteran having taken part last year.
To donate to this cause go to mobro.co/sportsdesk (or click the link on the top-right of this page) and click on the 'Donate to Team' button on the left-hand side under the profile picture. The team have already raised nearly �200 a week before the event starts.
You may also want to watch:
New pictures will be added to the gallery as the team's glorious facial fur takes shape so be sure to return to this page throughout November.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town