Sporting chief pays special visit to Norfolk FA’s Football Development Centre
- Credit: SENT IN BY NORFOLK COUNTY FA
A national football chief visited one of Norfolk's top grassroots football venues.
Football Association (FA) chairman Greg Clarke visited Norfolk FA's Football Development Centre (FDC) in Bowthorpe, Norwich.
He was shown around the centre's six 3G 5-a-side pitches, two 3G 7-a-side pitches and the 11-a-side grass pitch, known as the Field of Dreams.
Mr Clarke said: 'It's been great to visit Norfolk County FA, the facilities here are great and I've learnt a lot about football in the county.
'I've gone away a wiser man. I'd like to thank all at the association for their time.'
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk FA chairman, Michael Banham, said: 'I'm very proud of the work we do here in Norfolk and it was an honour to showcase our fantastic facilities as well as promote all that we and the Norfolk Football community do for the local game.'
Norfolk County FA acquired the leasehold of the FDC site in July 2009.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named