Woman's shock after spider found in supermarket pack of bananas
- Credit: Norfolk Wildlife Rescue
A woman was given a fright after finding a spider was lurking inside a bag of bananas which she had bought from a supermarket.
Kevin Murphy of Norfolk Wildlife Rescue received a call from the Great Yarmouth customer on Tuesday evening who had been left in shock by the eight-legged furry friend.
Mr Murphy, who described the arachnid as a tropical spider, said: "She rang me straightaway after she found the spider. I am getting it identified as I am not an expert for spiders.
"It is one of those things that happens all the time with food coming from abroad.
"You can't check every bunch as there are thousands of them but it was still a bit of a shock for her."
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Wildlife Rescue is a non-profit organisation which provides immediate veterinary treatment for all injured wildlife in the county.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 Motorists have fines and points cancelled over £2m speed cameras blunder
- 10 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence