Specialised Management Services unveils Beacon Park expansion
- Credit: Archant
An oil and gas company has revealed bold plans to build a new £3m premises and create 50 jobs.
Specialised Management Services is to relocate to the Enterprise Zone at Beacon Park, Gorleston, in its quest to boost product lines and take on more clients.
And the business – which more than doubled its turnover to £13m last year – has not ruled out increasing its footprint even further, after buying-up land for future expansion.
Dave Howlett, managing director of SMS, a subsidiary of the Alderley Group, said: 'This investment by the Alderley Group underpins an ongoing support and commitment to the growth and development of SMS and will help strengthen SMS's position and expand its offering to the oil and gas industry worldwide.
'We have a strong and talented pool of people that have helped us achieve our current success and, with larger production facilities, we as a team look forward to continuing our expansion in order to meet the rising global demand for our products and services.'
You may also want to watch:
Work is due to begin at the end of this month on the 100,000sq ft purpose-built site, which will feature two bays for pressure and operational testing and a workshop with an overhead lifting crane.
It will more than double the size of its existing premises at Harfreys Industrial Estate, Great Yarmouth, and create engineering and manufacturing jobs.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
Trevor Wainwright, the leader of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said: 'The fact that so many businesses in the energy sector supply chain are continuing to grow within and expand into the Great Yarmouth borough represents a huge vote of confidence in the local economy, the skills of the workforce, the port and business park facilities, and the Enterprise Zone status.
'The borough council is pleased to welcome the news that SMS have chosen Beacon Park for the development of their prestigious new office and production facility.
'Now is a particularly exciting time for Beacon Park, as construction on new units continues at pace, new occupiers move in, and work starts on the new A12/A143 link road, thanks to both private and public investment, including a significant contribution from the borough council.'
Beacon Park is owned and developed by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and part of the Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth New Anglia Enterprise Zone, which offers benefits to energy businesses to help them grow, including discount on business rates of up to £275,000.
• Do you have a business story for the Eastern Daily Press? Contact business editor Ben Woods 01603 772426 or email email@example.com