Special outdoor screening event to be held in Norwich’s Plantation Garden
- Credit: Archant
A series of outdoor screenings are going to be held in the atmospheric Plantation Garden in Norwich this summer.
Presented by Cinema City, the event will take place at the Earlham Road site.
It kicks off on August 15 when Labyrinth will be shown, on August 16 it will be the French film Amelie followed by the musical Singin' in the Rain on August 17.
Cinema City general manager, Jack Thompson, said: 'We're very excited to be working with the Plantation Garden on these summer screenings.
'It's a pleasure to bring the Cinema City experience to such a beautiful outdoor setting.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope that this will become a staple event in the Norwich cultural calendar.'
All screenings will start at 9pm once it is dark enough and audiences are encouraged to arrive early to relax and enjoy a drink in the surroundings of the secret garden.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
The gates will open at 7pm and the event will be catered.
• Tickets go on sale from May 23 at 10am. To book visit www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Cinema_City or call the box office on 0871 902 5724.