Special guests at Adventure Island Play Park as funds are raised for inspirational Lowestoft teenager
- Credit: Archant
A special fundraising event is under way – and there's still time to be part of a fancy dress summer bash.
Hannah Coffill, from Carlton Colville, is battling a second brain tumour.
The 18-year-old was first diagnosed with a tumour in 2007, just before her ninth birthday. And after undergoing treatment and a nine-hour operation, she was diagnosed with a second brain tumour in January this year.
The treatment has now damaged her optic nerves, causing her to go blind, and her family have launched a fundraising campaign to send her to a private clinic in Berlin for a procedure that may restore some of her sight.
And this afternoon (Sunday, July 23), to help raise funds for the inspirational teenager, a fancy dress summer bash is being held at Adventure Island Play Park on the South Lowestoft Industrial Estate.
You may also want to watch:
Running until 6pm, the event is featuring special guests Darth Vader, Woody from Toy Story and princesses Ariel, Elsa and Ana, along with a fancy dress competition, face painting, hair braiding, music and much more.
There is also a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses including a family membership from Sentinel Leisure Trust worth £1,500, which will be offered as a special prize in the lucky draw. Admission £5 for children, adults free.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
With all funds raised in aid of #HannahLittleFighter event organisers 'need your support.'
A spokesman for Adventure Island said: 'Absolutely everything raised goes towards funding Hannah's life-changing sight recovery operation.'
To support Hannah's treatment, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/amanda-coffill