Special celebration of women is to be held at The Forum in Norwich tomorrow
- Credit: supplied
A special celebration of women is being held at The Forum in Norwich tomorrow.
Dozens of organisations, brought together by the Women's Institute and working in partnership with The Forum, have joined forces to organise Women Reaching Women 2016.
The event has the theme of Different Lives, Different Stories and it is taking place just a few days before International Women's Day which is on Tuesday.
The packed programme aims to connect the different lives and cultures of women living in Norfolk and features music, art, crafts, food, story-telling and more.
There are also free talks in The Forum's auditorium by a number of inspirational women including the Venerable Jan McFarlane, Archdeacon of Norwich, ITV news correspondent Nina Nannar, and transgender woman Ava Rollason, plus there will be two screenings of Those Dangerous Women, a documentary about the women who tried to stop the First World War in 1915.
Mary Dorrell, Women Reaching Women event organiser for Norfolk Federation Women's Institutes, said: 'The WI are thrilled that the event has grown, over the years, to such a size. It truly shows what a diverse, talented and international lot we Norfolk women are.'
Jayne Evans, partnerships and events manager at The Forum, said: 'This celebratory event brings together such a fascinating collection of women and organisations with so many interesting stories to tell. We're delighted to support and host such a big, colourful and inspirational day that's bursting with activities, an impressive line up of guest speakers, crafts, entertainment and lots more.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Women Reaching Women 2016 takes place between 9am and 5pm tomorrow.
For more information about the event - which is supported by Norfolk County Council and the John Jarrold Trust - visit www,theforumnorwich.co.uk, find Norfolk Women Reaching Women on Facebook, or follow @WRWNorfolk on Twitter.
The timetable of the film screening and talks is: 10.15am screening of Those Dangerous Women; 11.15 Nina Nannar, News Correspondent, ITV News 'Living in the News'; 12.15pm Ava Rollason, transgender woman, 'My Life Changing Journey'; 1.15pm - Corinne Le Quéré, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, 'My Allies for Balancing Life and Work in a Changing Climate'; 2.15pm the Venerable Jan McFarlane, Archdeacon of Norwich, 'I'm sorry, I Thought You Were a Stripper-Gram'; and 3.15pm a second film screening of Those Dangerous Women.