Popular Women on Wheels charity bike ride to return
- Credit: Archant
A popular cycling event, which inspires women and girls to get on their bikes, is set to return to a coastal town.
This year's Women on Wheels (WoW) ride will return to Southwold for its fourth year on Sunday, July 28.
Last year more than 70 women took to the lanes around Southwold for the annual event.
With the event open to women aged eight to 88, whether a novice, recreational or regular cyclist, riders are asked to gather at the William Godell Sports Pavilion on The Common in Southwold with the ride getting under way from 10am.
A spokesman for the event organisers said: 'This is a social ride to encourage ladies to enjoy cycling in the safe company of others.
'This year we will be raising money for the Suffolk and Cambridge Blood Bikes.'
Registration is from 9am to 9.45am on the day, with all riders receiving a medal on completion of the event.
Join the WOW Southwold Facebook group for further details.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks