Popular Women on Wheels charity bike ride to return
- Credit: Archant
A popular cycling event, which inspires women and girls to get on their bikes, is set to return to a coastal town.
This year's Women on Wheels (WoW) ride will return to Southwold for its fourth year on Sunday, July 28.
Last year more than 70 women took to the lanes around Southwold for the annual event.
With the event open to women aged eight to 88, whether a novice, recreational or regular cyclist, riders are asked to gather at the William Godell Sports Pavilion on The Common in Southwold with the ride getting under way from 10am.
A spokesman for the event organisers said: 'This is a social ride to encourage ladies to enjoy cycling in the safe company of others.
You may also want to watch:
'This year we will be raising money for the Suffolk and Cambridge Blood Bikes.'
Registration is from 9am to 9.45am on the day, with all riders receiving a medal on completion of the event.
Join the WOW Southwold Facebook group for further details.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend