South Norfolk GP surgery rated in top ten by patients in national survey
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Medical staff and patients are rejoicing after a GP surgery has been placed in the top ten of practices in the country from patient ratings.
Hingham Surgery has come eighth of 7,709 surgeries following a national GP survey by Ipsos Mori and NHS England.
The survey collected patient satisfaction figures on a range of topics such as making appointments, waiting times, and the care provided.
A total of 93pc patients rated their experience at the surgery as 'very good' and 92pc would definitely recommend the surgery to others.
Jace Halstead, practice manager, said: 'In a rural village like Hingham the practice plays an important role in the community, and we are committed to listening to the needs of our patients.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Shaun Conway, a GP at the surgery, said: 'The whole practice is delighted with the response from our patients, as it reflects the hard work that the GPs and staff put in.'
Malcolm Southgate, chairman of Hingham Patient Participation Group, said: 'The Patient Participation Group at Hingham Surgery is active and well supported by both staff and patients.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
'We raise funds through the sale of books, all of which are donated by the patients themselves.
'This has enabled us to purchase a blood pressure monitor which is available for patients use at any time in the waiting room, and a water dispenser.
'Our most recent purchase has been a sound system for both waiting rooms; this has also proven to be an aid to confidentiality in the reception area. Our patients have also benefitted from our Carer's Group and the 'Step Out for Health' Walks.'