South Norfolk GP surgery rated in top ten by patients in national survey
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Medical staff and patients are rejoicing after a GP surgery has been placed in the top ten of practices in the country from patient ratings.
Hingham Surgery has come eighth of 7,709 surgeries following a national GP survey by Ipsos Mori and NHS England.
The survey collected patient satisfaction figures on a range of topics such as making appointments, waiting times, and the care provided.
A total of 93pc patients rated their experience at the surgery as 'very good' and 92pc would definitely recommend the surgery to others.
Jace Halstead, practice manager, said: 'In a rural village like Hingham the practice plays an important role in the community, and we are committed to listening to the needs of our patients.
Dr Shaun Conway, a GP at the surgery, said: 'The whole practice is delighted with the response from our patients, as it reflects the hard work that the GPs and staff put in.'
Malcolm Southgate, chairman of Hingham Patient Participation Group, said: 'The Patient Participation Group at Hingham Surgery is active and well supported by both staff and patients.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
'We raise funds through the sale of books, all of which are donated by the patients themselves.
'This has enabled us to purchase a blood pressure monitor which is available for patients use at any time in the waiting room, and a water dispenser.
'Our most recent purchase has been a sound system for both waiting rooms; this has also proven to be an aid to confidentiality in the reception area. Our patients have also benefitted from our Carer's Group and the 'Step Out for Health' Walks.'