South Norfolk fundraising friends’ target is now in sight
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A team of six fundraising friends are rapidly heading towards a £100,000 mark for the Norfolk and Waveney cancer charity Big C.
Known as the Bunwell Big C Six, Ann Dent, Joy Tunmore, Janet Skidmore, Norma Howes, Kathleen Flowerday and Ursula Jackson are now just £3,777 short of their £100,000 target following their latest annual fundraiser.
Originally formed by Mrs Dent and Mrs Tunmore 14 years ago, the south Norfolk-based group raised more than £3,400 by holding an event in Bunwell, that saw guest speaker David Moar explain why he helped to form the Big C 35 years.
There were also a lunch, a floral demonstration celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday and the selling of Big C cards.
Mrs Dent said: 'The Bunwell Big C Six are now just £3,777.28 short of raising £100,000. So we now have the final push to raise £3,777.28.
You may also want to watch:
'Research into cancer is now so encouraging and I am sure we all want to find the cause and cure of cancer and this why our original target of £1,000 has turned into £100,000.
'Thank you to our great supporters.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
It was 14 years ago when Mrs Dent lost her brother Peter Hipperson to cancer when he was in his 50s, and Mrs Tunmore, from Carleton Rode, lost her husband David to cancer.
They decided to try and raise funds for Big C, with an initial target of raising £1,000.
The fundraising pair were then joined by their four friends and embarked on their £100,000 Big C aim. Since it was formed the Big C 35 years ago has raised more than £25m and as well as funding research and medical equipment it has drop in support and information centres across Norfolk and Waveney.
For information on the charity visit www.big-c.co.uk
Are you fundraising for the Big C? Email email@example.com