South Norfolk coach firm Chenery Travel ceases trading after more than 60 years
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
South Norfolk-based Chenery Travel unexpectedly stopped trading on Friday, leaving Norfolk County Council to rearrange school routes operated by the company.
The council said Chenery Travel would no longer operate eight routes to Long Stratton, Archbishop Sancroft and Diss high schools when pupils return from half term on Monday.
Pupils' bus passes will still be valid on the replacement buses which will be run by other local operators from Monday, 6 June.
A spokesman said Norfolk County Council had worked swiftly to make sure school buses run as usual on Monday, but asked for parents to be patient as the new arrangements settle in.
Chenery Travel had a base at Wellesley Road in Long Stratton and had been established for more than 60 years.
Four years ago it sold the day excusions and concerts programme parts of its business to Galloway Travel Group in Suffolk, in order to focus more on coach hire.
No one from Chenery Travel was available for comment.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
Have you been affected by the news? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772426.
Long Stratton High School
• Bus 4 - From Saxlingham Nethergate (Now Dereham Coachways)
• Bus 5 - From Tasburgh (Now H Semmence and Co.)
• Bus 7 - From Flordon (Now Spratts Coaches)
• Bus 9 - From Tivetshall (Now Simonds)
Archbishop Sancroft High School
• Bus 2 - From Dickleburgh, Rushall, Needham, Thorpe Abbots and Brockdish (Now Dolphin)
• Bus 4 - From North Green, Colegate End, Pulham Market and Pulham St Mary (Now Lamberts)
Diss High School
• Bus 1 - From Tivetshall, Gissing, Burston, Shimpling, Thelveton and Scole (Now Simonds)
• Bus 2 - Diss High School - From Dickleburgh and Scole (Now Simonds)