South Norfolk coach firm Chenery Travel ceases trading after more than 60 years
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
South Norfolk-based Chenery Travel unexpectedly stopped trading on Friday, leaving Norfolk County Council to rearrange school routes operated by the company.
The council said Chenery Travel would no longer operate eight routes to Long Stratton, Archbishop Sancroft and Diss high schools when pupils return from half term on Monday.
Pupils' bus passes will still be valid on the replacement buses which will be run by other local operators from Monday, 6 June.
A spokesman said Norfolk County Council had worked swiftly to make sure school buses run as usual on Monday, but asked for parents to be patient as the new arrangements settle in.
Chenery Travel had a base at Wellesley Road in Long Stratton and had been established for more than 60 years.
You may also want to watch:
Four years ago it sold the day excusions and concerts programme parts of its business to Galloway Travel Group in Suffolk, in order to focus more on coach hire.
No one from Chenery Travel was available for comment.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Have you been affected by the news? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772426.
Long Stratton High School
• Bus 4 - From Saxlingham Nethergate (Now Dereham Coachways)
• Bus 5 - From Tasburgh (Now H Semmence and Co.)
• Bus 7 - From Flordon (Now Spratts Coaches)
• Bus 9 - From Tivetshall (Now Simonds)
Archbishop Sancroft High School
• Bus 2 - From Dickleburgh, Rushall, Needham, Thorpe Abbots and Brockdish (Now Dolphin)
• Bus 4 - From North Green, Colegate End, Pulham Market and Pulham St Mary (Now Lamberts)
Diss High School
• Bus 1 - From Tivetshall, Gissing, Burston, Shimpling, Thelveton and Scole (Now Simonds)
• Bus 2 - Diss High School - From Dickleburgh and Scole (Now Simonds)