Sound of Music’s Maria to marry in Sheringham
Sitting in beach huts and surfing the waves, walking on beaches and bright sunny days - those are a few of their favourite things.
Sound of Music star Pippa Buxton and Henry Wright whose family live in Cromer, have chosen North Norfolk as their wedding destination.
Miss Buxton, is currently playing Maria in the Sound of Music, a role she shares with former Emmerdale actress Verity Rushworth, at Norwich Theatre Royal.
She said: 'When we come to Norfolk we always go to church at Our Lady church in Cromer or St Joseph church in Sheringham. We want to be married by Father Dennis, we don't want to be married by anyone else.'
The couple, both 27, met at Birmingham University where Mr Wright was studying engineering and Miss Buxton, music.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wright proposed while on holiday last October.
He said: 'It was a surprise. We were on holiday in the Lake District. Pip had a week cancelled so we went away on a last minute trip.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
Mr Wright's parents still live in Cromer and the couple are set to marry in Sheringham on September 3.
The former Notre Dame pupil was brought up in Corpusty and moved to Cromer when he was 17 and he regularly returns to the beach to surf.
Miss Buxton, from Malvern in Worcestershire, said: 'My favourite thing about north Norfolk is the beach and taking the dogs for a walk and eating fish and chips on the pier. We love being by the sea. It's nice because it's quiet after living in London. We are close to Henry's mum and Dad and their friends, we feel like part of the community.'
She added: 'I love being back in Norwich, it's a beautiful city. The theatre is lovely and modern and the stage crew are so friendly.'
Mr Wright, who works as an engineer in Farringdon said: 'My career is quite different from Pip's. At the moment I am building a train station and she's away for most of the year but once we are married we can spend more time together. I have been to a few of her performances in Glasgow, Plymouth and Bristol and I'm going to see her in Norwich next week.
'We chose to get married in Norfolk because we both like the place and Pip's family travelled a lot growing up because her dad was in the Army. My parents have got some dogs and a beach hut. We like to relax as much as possible.'