Sotterley Country Fair is cancelled due to bad weather
- Credit: James Bass
The Sotterley Country Fair, which was scheduled to take place tomorrow (Sunday), has been cancelled due to the bad weather.
It was due to be held at Sotterley Hall, but organiser Rachel Bunn has confirmed that due to the adverse conditions, the event has 'been postponed until August.'
'The ground is badly waterlogged and it is just not worth the risk,' she added.
A post on the event Facebook page confirmed the decision, shortly after 6pm today (Saturday).
However, The Sotterley Charity Music event, which is taking place tonight, is still going ahead as planned.
You may also want to watch:
The coastguard teams from Lowestoft and Southwold were due to attend the event tomorrow.
A post on their Facebook page read: 'Unfortunately, due to the weather the Sotterley Fair that was due to take place tomorrow has now been cancelled, the organisers are already having to tow cars off the site and the ground just can't cope with the extra traffic tomorrow.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
The fair was set to host a dog show, over 80 craft and produce stalls, live music, vintage cars, terrier racing, archery and displays in the main ring.
Last year's event raised £7,000 for local charities.
A new date will be announced in due course.