Sotterley Country Fair is cancelled due to bad weather
- Credit: James Bass
The Sotterley Country Fair, which was scheduled to take place tomorrow (Sunday), has been cancelled due to the bad weather.
It was due to be held at Sotterley Hall, but organiser Rachel Bunn has confirmed that due to the adverse conditions, the event has 'been postponed until August.'
'The ground is badly waterlogged and it is just not worth the risk,' she added.
A post on the event Facebook page confirmed the decision, shortly after 6pm today (Saturday).
However, The Sotterley Charity Music event, which is taking place tonight, is still going ahead as planned.
The coastguard teams from Lowestoft and Southwold were due to attend the event tomorrow.
A post on their Facebook page read: 'Unfortunately, due to the weather the Sotterley Fair that was due to take place tomorrow has now been cancelled, the organisers are already having to tow cars off the site and the ground just can't cope with the extra traffic tomorrow.'
- 1 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 2 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 3 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 4 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 8 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 9 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 10 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
The fair was set to host a dog show, over 80 craft and produce stalls, live music, vintage cars, terrier racing, archery and displays in the main ring.
Last year's event raised £7,000 for local charities.
A new date will be announced in due course.