Sottereley Country Fair returns for most successful year ever
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Organisers have hailed the success of a popular country fair – after £11,000 was raised for charity.
Sotterley Country Fair returned for the third year at the weekend, with a record-breaking turnout and amounts raised.
The event, held at Sotterley Hall, on Sunday, June 25, was attended by 2,500 people. Part of the proceeds, £9,500, will be split between East Coast Hospice, East Anglia's Children's Hospices, Starthrowers, Chedgrave MS Centre and Waveney 1st Responders. The remaining £1,500 is to be shared between charities present on the day, including Help for Heroes and Dogs Trust.
Rachel Bunn, event organiser, said: 'The support has been fantastic, people came from all over the east to enjoy a good family day out.'
'This is not a commercial enterprise – all the money made goes back to the local charities. It wouldn't be able to happen without the support of the Sotterley Estate. I want to thank the Barne family who kindly let us have the land for the weekend.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures