Song Bird champion Eddie, from North Walsham, meets the royals at Buckingham Palace
- Credit: Archant
Song bird champion Eddie Bullimore swapped the country lanes of north Norfolk for the manicured lawn of a very prestigious London address when he attended a royal garden party at Buckingham Palace.
Mr Bullimore, of Anchor Lane, North Walsham, was invited to the event as a 'thank you' for his charity work in aid of the Song Bird Survival Turst.
He and his friend Lynn Frarey have raised more than £14,000 for the cause.
Mr Bullimore attended the garden party the day after his 80th birthday.
'I had a fantastic day. It was good to represent Song Bird Survival and the public who have given so generously,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
The Queen, Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, were all at the garden party.
? Another table-top sale in aid of Song Bird Survival will be held in the marquee of the Lighthouse Inn, Walcott, on June 12 from 10am-3pm.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze