Snowy outbreaks expected to increase throughout day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Snow showers are forecast to become increasingly widespread throughout the day in East Anglia.
Snow showers had been forecast for Friday night and the early hours of Saturday morning, however, the majority of the region has woken to little more than a light dusting.
But the latest forecast suggests snow could be on its way yet, with showers expected to be particularly prevalent in southern parts of the region.
As the day progresses, showers are expected to become more widespread.
Those heading out are being advised to wrap up warm, with regional highs of 2C and strong east and northeasterly winds of up to 50-60mph in coastal areas.
You may also want to watch:
Subsequently, floodgates have been shut between Happisburgh and Winterton due to a risk of flooding.
An amber weather warning is in place from 4pm across parts of Suffolk and a yellow weather warning is in place throughout the entire weekend across the whole of East Anglia.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
Road conditions could be treacherous, despite significant gritting, and drivers are being advised to check on the latest weather and traffic news before travelling.