Snowy outbreaks expected to increase throughout day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Snow showers are forecast to become increasingly widespread throughout the day in East Anglia.
Snow showers had been forecast for Friday night and the early hours of Saturday morning, however, the majority of the region has woken to little more than a light dusting.
But the latest forecast suggests snow could be on its way yet, with showers expected to be particularly prevalent in southern parts of the region.
As the day progresses, showers are expected to become more widespread.
Those heading out are being advised to wrap up warm, with regional highs of 2C and strong east and northeasterly winds of up to 50-60mph in coastal areas.
Subsequently, floodgates have been shut between Happisburgh and Winterton due to a risk of flooding.
An amber weather warning is in place from 4pm across parts of Suffolk and a yellow weather warning is in place throughout the entire weekend across the whole of East Anglia.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
Road conditions could be treacherous, despite significant gritting, and drivers are being advised to check on the latest weather and traffic news before travelling.