Snetterton’s renewable energy plant to be officially opened today
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
A ceremony will be held today to officially open the Snetterton Renewable Energy Plant.
Situated off the A11 at Chalk Lane the plant generates 44MWh of electricity every hour, which is enough to supply 82,000 homes.
The £173m site was designed and built by BWSC East Anglia Ltd, who have responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the plant.
The company is owned by a joint venture between Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor A/S and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners K/S, and PensionDanmar.
Representatives from the companies and Breckland Council will be attending the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The plant, which has been operational since April, saves more than 300,000 tons of CO2 every year.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital