Mother-of-two's newfound confidence after six-stone weight loss
- Credit: Sarah Lane
A mother-of-two says she is ready for summer out of lockdown to show off her six stone weight loss transformation.
Sarah Lane, from Watton, began her weight loss journey when she joined her local Slimming World group in October 2019.
And now the 39-year-old has gone from an “uncomfortable” 17 down to 11 stone, and says she has never felt more confident.
She said: “I have always been larger so losing that weight was a massive step to relaunch myself. To find myself again.
“And it just fell off because I was in the right headspace. I wanted it so badly. Now I’m smaller than I was in my teenage years.”
With support from the group, Mrs Lane met her weight loss target in July 2020 and has managed to keep all of the weight off despite being stuck at home during lockdown.
Other than running after the kids and going out for walks, she said she did not stick to an exercise regime, with healthy eating a key part of the weight loss.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 9 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
She added: “I didn’t want to embarrass my children at the gate. I want to be the fit mum running after my children. But the fitness comes once you lose that weight.
“I'm dying to try on summer dresses and feel confident.
“My only regret is that I didn’t do it before. I waited for myself to get that uncomfortable stage."