Norwich man’s dramatic weight loss scoops him award
- Credit: Slimming World
A man from Norwich has scooped an award from his slimming group after shedding more than three stone.
Sean Barron was 16st 8lbs when he joined Bignold's Slimming World group in September 2018.
Just nine months on, he has dropped to 13st and been crowned Bignold's Man of the Year for his three-and-a-half stone weight loss.
Mr Barron, 51, said the lifestyle changes he made with the help of the group have resulted in him feeling 'like a different person' after years of unhappiness.
He said: "Deep down I'd been unhappy with my weight for some time but it took me a long time to face up to it, and then when I did admit to myself that I wanted to lose weight I still didn't want to ask for help.
You may also want to watch:
"I've realised now though that far from being weak, asking for help takes strength of character and getting support to make changes has given me a sense of confidence that is benefitting every aspect of my life.
"I can honestly say I feel like a different person since losing weight."
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
Anne Rolfe, who leads the group, added: "Sean has done brilliantly and we're all amazed by his transformation, he's a real inspiration to the other members."
The Bignold Slimming World group is held every Tuesday evening at Bignold Primary School in the city centre at 5:30 and 7:30pm.