Slimmer hopes to inspire others after starting new group in Old Costessey
- Credit: Archant
A mother who list 2.5 stone in six months is starting a new Slimming World group in Old Costessey.
Mandy Betts is launching the group to inspire others to lose weight.
Mrs Betts said she decided to lose weight after she regularly started to find herself struggling to breathe and keep up with her children.
An asthma sufferer, Mrs Betts said she fondly remembered the time she joined her first Slimming World group.
She said: 'I walked into a brightly lit room which had a great vibe, buzzing with voices.
You may also want to watch:
'I loved how friendly and non-judgemental they were.'
Mrs Betts said her self-esteem was higher than ever after losing the weight, and she was keen to help others to improve their lives in the same way.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
Mrs Betts' group will start on Monday, April 17 from 7.30pm at the Costessey Baptist Church. Call 077836 51022 for more information.