Skoda catches fire on the A11 at Attleborough
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to a car fire on the A11 at Attleborough.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue was called to the scene about 12.24pm today (Tuesday) where a blue Skoda Felicia was ablaze.
One lane of the busy road was closed while the fire was put out.
A police spokesman said: 'It was closed at around 12.40pm but was open again at 1pm.'
Firefighters wore breathing masks and used hose reel jets to put out the fire, and then used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman said he believed there were no injuries.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000