Skechers to open new store in intu Chapelfield in Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
A new shoe shop is to open in the intu Chapelfield shopping centre in Norwich in part of the former Clas Ohlson unit.
American footwear company Skechers is to open their first store in the city in the shop opposite the BB'S Coffee and Muffins stand.
A spokesperson for the shopping centre said that the shop is due to open in the summer.
It comes after the Swedish hardware retailer Clas Ohlson closed its doors last year as the chain focused on developing more smaller stores in London.
The spokesperson added that there had been a lot of interest in the rest of the vacant retail unit.
You may also want to watch:
Skechers was founded in California in 1992 and is the second largest athletic footwear brand in the United States.
The brand was famously endorsed by Britney Spears and the shoes have also been sported by Meghan Trainor, Kelly Brook, Sugar Ray Leonard and Colin Montgomerie.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season