Sizewell B power station in “unplanned” shutdown
Sizewell B power station was unexpectedly shut down shortly after 5pm on Wednesday.
A spokesman for the nuclear power station near Leiston on the Suffolk coast said: 'Sizewell B power station came offline at 17:11hrs today.
'This was an unplanned automatic shutdown. The reactor was safely shut down, with the plant responding as expected, and at no time was anyone's safety at risk.
'We are currently assessing the situation.'
•More to follow.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month