Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Find some of the best things to do in our region this weekend with our guide to what's on.
Saturday December 5th
•Santa Dash at the King's Lynn Walks, 11.00am, free to watch
Norfolk Hospice's fourth Annual Santa Dash take places in the heart of the King's Lynn and the starting pistol is scheduled to be fired at 11am. Cheer on participants across the route, who will set of on either the 5km route or the rather gentler 1.5km option around the Walk's. Every adult who registers will get a free Santa suit, and each child a free Santa hat.
•Blickling Hall Christmas Market, 10.15am-5pm, normal admission prices
Blickling's traditional Christmas market in the courtyard over two weekends takes us back to the glamour of the pre-war Christmas years. A special selection of gifts, festive smells and cooking, delicious food, singing and music. Be tempted by an array of exclusive gifts from jewellery and ceramics to cards and liqueurs.
- 1 Soap star ditches city life for rural Norfolk
- 2 Apprentice star Alan Sugar visits Norfolk village for pub lunch
- 3 Armed police spotted in north Norfolk village
- 4 Norfolk’s biggest Greggs approved after plan changes
- 5 Man in his 40s dies after west Norfolk industrial accident
- 6 'Best of a bad deal' - Norwich Western Link villagers call for decision
- 7 Film exposes Norwich teen’s involvement in far-right group behind leaflets
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 £50,000 worth of diesel and equipment stolen in overnight raid
- 10 All the places you can fly to from Norwich this summer
•Santa Cruise at Broads Tours, Wroxham, 1pm and 3pm, £11.50 for all tickets
An hour of Festive Family Fun on board the double decker passenger boat the Vintage Broadsman. Santa's pixies will serve mulled wine and mince pies to the adults and a soft drink and a large festive cookie to all of the children. Santa will also be landing his sleigh on the top deck before handing out presents.
Sunday December 6th
• Archant's winter wonderland, Castle Mall Gardens, Norwich, from midday.
The Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News' winter wonderland opens on Castle Mall Gardens. The ice rink is the key attraction and surrounded by a snowman bouncy castle and seasonal stalls. It is the perfect way to kick off your Christmas celebrations in the majestic setting. For more information and to book your tickets click here:• Deepdale Christmas Market, Dalegate Market Shopping Cente, 10am to 4pm
The market is part of a festive weekend celebrating all that's Christmas on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast. There will be entertainment throughout the weekend, however on Friday evening they'll be hosting the first Deepdale Street Food Festival - street food, market stalls and live entertainment.
•Steam Trains to Santa at Bure Valley Railway, 10:00 to 13:00 13:45 to 16:45, £15.00 per person (adults and children)
The ever popular Santa Specials at Bure Valley Railway return this Christmas for the 25th year.
The Santa Train departs from Wroxham Station and travels to Aylsham Station where Santa and his railway sleigh are there to welcome everybody. A visit to Santa in his Grotto with a personalised present for each child provides a memorable experience.