Six family members, three birthdays, one very big coincidence for this family from Watton
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Every family has its coincidences, but this one, it could be said, takes the cake.
Six members of Anne Campbell's family share just three birthdays after the arrival of her new great-grandson, Riley Campbell.
The Watton great-grandmother said she was delighted the family's new addition shared the same birthday as her, February 27.
Mrs Campbell said: 'It was strange because his mum was in hospital to have the baby on the 24th, the day he was due.
'The thought had occurred to me, but at the time I thought he would never be born on the same day as me.
You may also want to watch:
'But when it got to the day before, I was willing the clock to go faster so he would be born on my birthday.
'And he did.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
'It's almost like he waited for it to happen.'
Mrs Campbell said the fact that it was her 80th birthday made it all the more special.
She said: 'I don't know how rare this is but I think it must be in the thousands to one.'
And four other members of Mrs Campbell's family also share a common birthday.
Her daughter, Manda King, was born on the same day, October 11, as her brother Andrew Campbell. Their birthdays are four years apart. And Mrs King's own daughter, Jessica King, was born on the same day, September 27, as one of Mrs Campbell's other grandchildren, Nathan Sanders.
Andrew Campbell said he was also surprised that such a birthday coincidence could happen three times in the same family.
He said: 'I don't know what the odds are or how rare that sort of thing is, but I don't think it happens very often.'
Little Riley lives with his parents, Liam Campbell and Jodie Livingstone, in Arbroath in Scotland.
He was born at a whopping 9 pounds 10 ounces.
Mrs Campbell said he was certainly bound for 'bigger things' sharing such an auspicious birthday as her own.
She said: 'When I tell people my age they say it's amazing that you've got to 80.
'Then I tell them, 'well, that's not the only amazing thing that's happened on my birthday!'
Has there been an interesting coincidence in your family? Email reporter Stuart Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 01603 772588