Sisters to compete in Great North Run for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters from Dereham are set to take part in the Great North Run this week to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Rebecca and Leanne Hardy will compete in the half marathon on Sunday September 9, which starts in Newcastle and ends in South Shields.
Rebecca Hardy said: 'We have chosen to run for the air ambulance as it's such a beneficial service to local people. Without the continual support of fundraising they wouldn't be able to provide their service.'
The East Anglian Air Ambulance has attented over 23,000 missions since it was formed in 2000 and comprises specialist pre-hospital doctors and critical care paramedics, operating out of two high-tech helicopters.
The charity relies on fundraising to keep going and must raise £11.3 million this year to operate.
You may also want to watch:
Becky and Leanne have raised £295 so far on JustGiving and and donations can be made at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/BeckyLeanne.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area