Sir Michael Gambon taking part in Halesworth’s HighTide Festival
- Credit: PA
International movie star and actor Sir Michael Gambon will be taking part in the HighTide Festival at Halesworth.
Sir Michael is recognised as one of the finest actors of our time and has starred in a diverse range of roles both on stage and in films.
He is, perhaps, best known as starring as Professor Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films.
Sir Michael will be taking part in a series of Face to Face interviews as part of the festival which runs from April 10 to 19.
The festival's artistic director, Steven Atkinson, said: 'Our Face to Face series is a beloved festival highlight and this year we are thrilled that such masters as Michael Gambon, David Hare, Kate Mosse and Anthony Horowitz are coming to Halesworth and with interviewers as gifted as Michael Billington and LIbby Purves, festival audiences are in for a unique treat.'
You may also want to watch:
David Hare wrote the screenplay for the BBC television series The Hours. Kate Mosse, OBE, is the best selling author of Labyrinth, The Mistletoe Bride and Citadel.
Anthony Horowitz is the author of more than 40 books including the best selling teen spy series Alex Rider nd the Sherlock Holmes novel, The House of Silk.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
He is also the creator and writer of some of the UK's most successful television series including the ITV hit Foyle's War.
New plays being read during the festival include Boa by Clara Brennan, performed by Olivier award winner Harriet Walter and her husband Guy Paul.
This year's fully-staged premieres include Peddling written and performed by Harry Potter actor Harry Melling.
HighTide Festival was founded in 2007 to discover, produce and champion emerging playwrights.
This year the festival marks its eighth anniversary with a ten-day festival being staged at The Cut, Halesworth, a month earlier than usual.
For details of the festival and to book tickets telephone 01603 598606, Monday to Saturday, 9.30am to 8pm, or in person at The Cut, Halesworth.