Sir John Leman High School in Beccles hosts “best” open evening
HARRY Potter and Dracula were just two of the faces to make an appearance at a school open evening in Beccles.
Prospective students and their families came to the event hosted by Sir John Leman High School to see staff demonstrate what the school has to offer.
Some of the highlights included maths students solving the national Cipher Challenge, a Dracula silent movie performed by English sixth form students, the dissecting of rats in the science department and street dancing in the sports centre.
Student and staff guides provided tours of the different subjects and departments.
Headteacher Jeremy Rowe, gave a number of presentations throughout the evening, while staff provided information on new intakes and the application process, highlighting Suffolk's school reorganisation and the affect it will have on Beccles and the surrounding areas.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rowe said: 'This was the best open evening we have ever had. The sense of pride and confidence ran through the school.'
He also added that this was the most highly attended open evening the school has hosted in recent years.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
• For more information on the application process or for a tour of the school please contact the school office on 01502 713223.