Signalling troubles affecting Greater Anglia rail services
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters have been warned they could face delays or cancellations this morning due to signalling troubles on the line.
Greater Anglia has issued a warning that trains between Norwich and Cambridge will be travelling at a reduced speed this morning - and some services may have to be cancelled.
It is due to signalling troubles between Wymondham and Thetford, which the rail provider has warned may see Norwich to Cambridge trains terminate in Ely.
A Greater Anglia spokesman has posted on Twitter warning rail users of the possible delays and insisting that Network Rail is working to resolve the problem.
The spokesman said disruption is expected until further notice.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, three services between Norwich and the coast were cancelled due to unrelated issues, the 6.11am Norwich to Great Yarmouth, the 6.27am Norwich to Lowestoft and the 6.58am Great Yarmouth to Norwich. These were due to train faults.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft