Signalling troubles affecting Greater Anglia rail services
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters have been warned they could face delays or cancellations this morning due to signalling troubles on the line.
Greater Anglia has issued a warning that trains between Norwich and Cambridge will be travelling at a reduced speed this morning - and some services may have to be cancelled.
It is due to signalling troubles between Wymondham and Thetford, which the rail provider has warned may see Norwich to Cambridge trains terminate in Ely.
A Greater Anglia spokesman has posted on Twitter warning rail users of the possible delays and insisting that Network Rail is working to resolve the problem.
The spokesman said disruption is expected until further notice.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, three services between Norwich and the coast were cancelled due to unrelated issues, the 6.11am Norwich to Great Yarmouth, the 6.27am Norwich to Lowestoft and the 6.58am Great Yarmouth to Norwich. These were due to train faults.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died