Show president takes to the catwalk to present award
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Royal Norfolk Show president David Richardson took to the catwalk today to present the Norwich Union Insurance Society Challenge Cup.
The Trade Stand Award - for the most effective and well laid out display by an exhibitor engaged in the services industry - was won by the Jarrold and EDP Norfolk with Fosters Solicitors stand which received the accolade mid-way through a fashion show yesterday.
The stand is treating showgoers to an hourly summertime fashion spectacle which is split into five themes - Dress to Impress, Surf's Up, Pimm's O'Clock, Arabian Nights and Paint the Town Red.
There was also Pimm's all round for showgoers, beauty demonstrations and makeovers for Heart Radio's Dave and Heidi.
Jarrold also announced a new beauty brand coming to the Norwich department store this month - Charlotte Tilbury.
About receiving the award, Carole Slaughter, marketing manager at Jarrold, said: 'I am thrilled by this recognition. There has been so much hard work go into the stand, the energetic show and the presentations.
'I would like to thank all the staff involved and our partners.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
Angi Kennedy, EDP Norfolk editor, said: 'We are delighted that the stand has been given this award.
'The stand was a little spot of colour on Wednesday, on what was quite a grey and wet day, but there was so much enthusiasm. It was a lovely place to be.'