Show-goers give their verdict on the EDP Wedding Show at the Norfolk Showground
The first day of the EDP Wedding Show yesterday saw nearly 2,000 people head to the Norfolk Showground.
The show, which continues today, is the biggest show of its kind in the region, and brides and grooms and their families have spoken of how helpful it was in planning their big day.
Danni Goodman, 23, and Chris Sparkes, 24, from Stowmarket, are getting married in June next year.
Danni said: 'I was blown away by it all. I came to the show just to get ideas. I think shows like this are brilliant to help you with planning your wedding.
'I've now found the colour scheme for our wedding - olive green and ivory.'
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Howe, 28, and Catherine Hall, 29, from Attleborough, said the show had also given them lots of ideas for their wedding day, including about the cake and having a video.
Christina Moore, 18 from West Caister, and Robert Muir, 22 and from Hemsby, got engaged on Valentines Day.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
They are planning getting married in three years time and came to the show to get some initial ideas.
Robert said: 'We were looking at venues and cars and other things. It is a really good show. It has got something for everything.
'The catwalk show was really good. I'm quite on the Slaters' suits.'
Lessingham couple Kissi Tainio, 42, and Pete Wilkins, 35, are getting married in June 2013 at Lessingham Church.
Kissi said: 'We really enjoyed the show. It has given us a lot of ideas. The cakes are amazing and the fashion show was good.'
Gail Martin, 27 and who lives in Norwich city centre, was at the show with her mum Alison Martin.
Gail, who is marrying Chris Page in July, said: 'It was really useful having all the companies in one place and being able to chat to them face-to-face.
'It was brilliant way of getting lots of helpful information.'
Alison said: 'It was a nice girls day out. The fashion show was especially good.'
Rebecca Marshall, 26, and Shaun Mary, 36, were at the show with their 11-month-old daughter Lily.
The Thorpe St Andrew couple who are getting married in August said they really enjoyed the fashion show and had picked out their wedding rings at the show.
Nursery school worker Kaz White and mechanic Timothy Barnes, both 19 and from Dereham, are getting married at Mattishall Church followed by a reception at Dunston Hall.
Kaz said: 'I have got so many ideas from the show. We saw cars we loved, and I loved the fashion show. I think we are going to have a chocolate fountain at our wedding too now.'
• The EDP Wedding Show, which continues today, is the biggest wedding show in region.
The show is today from 10am until 4pm.
Tickets cost �6 per person, �10 for two people, or �16 for four people.