Shocking video shows moment car bursts into flames along A47
- Credit: Tiia Aliyah Welby
Shocking video footage shows the terrifying moment a car burst into flames along the busy A47, just metres away from passing traffic.
The blaze caused delays for motorists on the main Fenland road at Thorney Toll this morning (May 19) as police forced a road closure.
Mobile phone footage captured the scene before emergency services arrived, showing the Jaguar XF car fully engulfed in flames at the roadside.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 9.17am with reports a car was on fire on the A47 at Thorney Toll.
“The driver of the car, a Jaguar XF, managed to stop in a layby and get out of the vehicle. He was not injured.
“The road was closed while fire crews dealt with the incident, but a lane has now reopened.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A crew from Wisbech was called at 9.03am to reports of a car on fire on the A47 near Thorney Toll.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 6 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 7 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 8 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 9 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
- 10 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, the cause of the fire was accidental.”