Shocking video shows moment car bursts into flames along A47
- Credit: Tiia Aliyah Welby
Shocking video footage shows the terrifying moment a car burst into flames along the busy A47, just metres away from passing traffic.
The blaze caused delays for motorists on the main Fenland road at Thorney Toll this morning (May 19) as police forced a road closure.
Mobile phone footage captured the scene before emergency services arrived, showing the Jaguar XF car fully engulfed in flames at the roadside.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 9.17am with reports a car was on fire on the A47 at Thorney Toll.
“The driver of the car, a Jaguar XF, managed to stop in a layby and get out of the vehicle. He was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was closed while fire crews dealt with the incident, but a lane has now reopened.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A crew from Wisbech was called at 9.03am to reports of a car on fire on the A47 near Thorney Toll.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, the cause of the fire was accidental.”