Sheringham pre-school nursery helps foodbank at harvest festival
- Credit: Archant
Toddlers at Sheringham nursery Ladybird celebrated harvest festival with songs and stories at St Andrew's Church, Cromer Road.
The youngsters took along donations of food for Cromer Foodbank, which was launched 18 months ago and now has distribution centres at North Walsham, Sheringham, Aylsham and Cromer.
A Holt centre is due to be opened on October 18 by the charity, which fed more than 500 clients in its first year, reaching the 1,000-mark by June of this year.
Collections of non-perishable food are made at supermarkets, churches and schools, with agencies including Citizens Advice Bureau, social workers and doctors handing out vouchers to those in need.
Foodbank volunteers, who run a delivery service to people unable to get to a collection point, can also refer clients to other agencies able to help address long-term financial problems.
You may also want to watch:
Ladybird Pre-School Nursery manager Louise Brock thanked St Andrew's minister Rev David Philo for organising on a special service for youngsters, with songs including All Things Bright and Beautiful and Dingle Dangle Scarecrow.
'We have been celebrating harvest festival at St Andrew's for many years,' she said.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
'I think it is a lovely way of getting out into the community and encouraging children to think about those less fortunate than themselves.'
For more information about the foodbank, visit www.cromerdistrictfoodbank.org.uk or phone 07826 376343.