Sheringham lifeboat crew helps release trapped sailing boat
- Credit: Colin Finch
The Sheringham lifeboat was scrambled after a sailing boat became tangled up in a crab pot tow line.
Volunteers were alerted by Humber Coastguard at 3pm yesterday and the Oddfellows was launched to help the 36 foot Bleu Celeste two miles east of the lifeboat station.
It arrived on scene by 3.10pm and after 20 minutes lifeboat volunteer Chris Wright managed to cut the rope free.
The Bleu Celeste was able to continue on her way towards Wells, escorted by the Oddfellows as far as the Sheringham lifeboat house.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR