Details of the Sheringham Christmas light switch-on revealed
- Credit: Archant
From an illuminated bike parade to reindeers and alpacas, the details surrounding this years Sheringham light switch-on have been revealed.
Shantyman singer, Paul Marriott will be switching on the lights at the event which sees hundreds of people take to the streets.
Along with the illuminated parade for bikes, scooter, trikes and prams, the winners of the shop window competition will be revealed and various live performers will entertain the crowds.
A spokesperson from Sheringham Carnival, who organises the lights switch-on, said: "We have live performances from the little theatre, primary school choir, and carols with the Salvation Army band. Not to miss is Father Christmas with live reindeer and a Christmas market with independent stalls."
Many shops will remain open for late night shopping, with some offering free mince pies and Christmas treats.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place between 5pm and 7pm on Friday, November 29 with the lights being switched on at 6.30pm.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature