Sheltered housing flat damaged in Swaffham
Extensive water damage was caused to a sheltered housing complex after a hosepipe was put through a letter box of a flat.
A flat in Suffield Court, Swaffham, was targeted between 4.45pm and 5.30pm on Tuesday.
Swaffham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) are investigating, and PC Paula Gilluley said: 'This was a very frightening experience for the elderly female resident, she was scared and confused by what happened and will now be spending Christmas in a damp flat as she doesn't want to leave her home.
'We believe this may have been a prank which got out of hand - another property had an item from a garden put through the letter box, and it may be that the person who did this did not realise just how much damage would be caused.
'This incident has also caused a lot of concern to the other residents, and the SNT has visited the complex to offer reassurance and support to the occupants and staff. '
Officers want to speak to anyone who may have seen any people acting suspiciously in Suffield Court late on Tuesday afternoon, or anyone with any information about the incident.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact Swaffham SNT on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge