Daughter’s request for minute’s applause in memory of Norwich City-supporting mother
- Credit: Archant
The heartbroken daughter of a Norwich City fan who died on Wednesday has requested for a minute's applause in her mother's memory.
Season ticket holder Dawn Brown had planned to attend Carrow Road to watch Norwich take on Stoke City today with her family and friends.
But the 53-year-old, of Stoke Holy Cross, died earlier this week following a three-year battle with kidney cancer.
Now, her daughter Shannon has requested for a minute's applause to be held during the match in her honour.
She said: 'I would like a minute's applause on the 53rd minute to make Carrow Road come alive in my mother's memory.
You may also want to watch:
'It would mean the world to myself, the family and friends who are all attending the game.'
Miss Brown, 23, said her mum, who worked as an accountant, had held a season ticket for around eight years.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
She would alternate in taking her two children to watch City play throughout their childhood to now, and even has an engraved brick at the stadium.
Not even her illness could keep her away from attending Carrow Road, Miss Brown said.
She added that her mother's last request on Tuesday afternoon was for her season ticket seats to be moved into the disability stand so she could attend the game.
'She was just so caring, friendly, courageous and resilient,' Miss Brown said.
'She loved being around her friends and family, and everything she was hit with she just bounced back from.
Norwich City play stoke at 3pm today.