Hevingham teenager takes home pageant crown and raises money for close-to-home charity
- Credit: Tracey Matthewson
A Hevingham teenager has been named Teen Miss UK after she got into pageants to help raise money for brain tumour research.
Shae Brown, 15, an Aylsham High School pupil started entering pageants run by model Kerri Parker last year.
Her mother, Tracey Matthewson, said: 'I contacted the Kerri Parker Academy when Miss Norfolk was running, this was Shae's first. All these pageants are organised by Kerri Parker and raise large amounts towards brain tumour research, which Kerri herself was diagnosed with - as was my father, Shae's granddad, Tom Matthewson. He was diagnosed with a tumour in 1998, had some removal but has regular checks to monitor his brain. So this is a cause very close to our hearts.'
Ms Matthewson said the competitions had boosted Shae's confidence and experience, which she hopes will help her bag a career in dance and modelling.
Her most recent win was on March 25, when Mr Matthewson saw his granddaughter take the Teen Miss UK crown.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Matthewson said: 'Her father and I were so proud, and there was a very pleased, emotional granddad.
'Shae is a young carer for me, I have neurological illness and arthritis, and several other conditions that make doing things with my daughter difficult, these days being so much joy to us and gives Shae an opportunity to meet other children which she wouldn't normally do.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Ms Matthewson added: 'She has had various shoots and has built a portfolio with the help of Kerri. These pageants and the Kerri Parker Academy have opened doors for so many children and adults to fulfil their dreams, Shae being one of them.'