Serious four-car crash blocks Great Witchingham road
- Credit: Archant
A serious four-vehicle crash has blocked a main road in a Norfolk village.
The accident happened on Fakenham Road, Great Witchingham, just before 9am on November 13.
Police officers are still at the scene of the accident, which is at the junction with Grove Lane.
The fire and ambulance services also attended the accident.
Read more: Man in his 20s dies in A1067 collision
Appliances from Reepham, Dereham and Earlham attended the collision on the A1067.
Fire crews rescued people who were trapped in their vehicles and assisted the police and ambulance service.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called out to the crash.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 6 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 7 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 8 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 9 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 10 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
Police confirmed that the road is remaining closed, and likely to be so for some time.
Diversions will be put in place, however motorists are being urged to find alternative routes where possible.