Selfless slimmers from Aylsham help raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
A group of selfless slimmers from Aylsham have clubbed together to help raise vital funds for the battle against cancer.
As part of The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw 2017, a total of 158 bags of unwanted clothes were collected by members of the town's group.
The collection will go towards raising more than £4000 for Cancer Research UK.
Kim Krause, 40, of Hevingham, is North Norfolk's Slimming World team developer and consultant for the four Aylsham groups held on a Wednesday. She said: 'I've loved doing this event.
'Although it's hard work, all the money raised for Cancer Research UK makes it worthwhile.
'We are hoping the national campaign at Slimming World will raise £3m.'
Ms Krause has been Aylsham's consultant for four years and this is the biggest amount the group has raised to date. The bags were delivered to Cancer Research UK's Cromer branch earlier this month.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk