Second man charged in connection with Pakefield acid attack
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A second man has been charged in connection with an incident in which a corrosive substance was sprayed in the face of a woman in Pakefield on Thursday, August 14.
Adele Bellis, 22, suffered life changing injuries during the attack in London Road South.
Anthony Riley, 25, from Raglan Street, Lowestoft has been charged with conspiring to apply a corrosive fluid/substance with intent.
He is due to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich tomorrow morning.
Leon Thompson, aged 38, of Alma Road, Lowestoft was arrested shortly after the incident and has been charged with one count of throwing a corrosive fluid with intent to disfigure and cause grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
He is in custody prior to his appearance at Ipswich Crown Court tomorrow.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Suffolk Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 7 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 10 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house