Second cruise company announces plans to drop anchor in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
A second cruise company has announced plans to include a visit to the Suffolk coast in its itinerary.
Ipswich-based Fred Olsen Cruise Lines has revealed its luxury ship Boudicca will be dropping anchor at Southwold in July 2017.
It comes after Saga confirmed its Pearl II cruise liner would be calling at the seaside town this summer.
Martin Lister, itinerary and experience development manager at Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, said: 'We felt that Southwold was a fantastic choice for a port of call due to its close proximity to the RSPB Minsmere – a location used in the hugely popular wildlife TV programme Springwatch.
'The charming town also offers a beautiful beach front and is home to the famous Adnams Brewery, all of which we feel really enrich our guests' experience.'
You may also want to watch:
Michael Ladd, a Southwold town councillor and Waveney District Council's cabinet member for tourism, economic development and rural affairs, said: 'It is going to benefit all those businesses that rely on tourism.
'I hope that there will be an opportunity for those who come to explore other parts of Waveney as well.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
He said both the town and the district council had been approached by Fred Olsen Cruise Lines to suggest an itinerary for the passengers once they arrived in Southwold. He said a visit to the lighthouse and a tour round Adnams were among the suggestions.
Got a Southwold story? Email email@example.com