Second consultation on Wymondham supermarket plans
A second public consultation exercise will take place in Wymondham next week over plans for a new supermarket in the town.
Bride Hall Developments announced plans last month to redevelop the former sale ground site on Station Road to provide a new food store for Wymondham.
The developer says that the 20,000sqft store will be occupied by one of the main four food retailers.
A second exhibition that aims to provide more detail about the design of the supermarket will be held at Central Hall in Wymondham next Wednesday between 2pm and 8pm.
Almost 300 people attended the first consultation event. The developer is looking to submit a planning application to South Norfolk Council next month.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Thomas, associate planning director, said: 'I was thrilled that so many people made the effort to attend our first exhibition and even more thrilled to hear the level of support for our proposal. There are understandable concerns regarding the practicalities of a store in this location, but on the whole people generally agreed that Wymondham would benefit from a new food store.'
For more information, visit www.dpp-projects.com/stationroadwymondham
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 6 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak