SEAT reveals Ateca – its first SUV – ahead of September launch
- Credit: SEAT
SEAT has unveiled its first sport utility vehicle which launches in the UK in September.
First-class connectivity, innovative assistance systems and highly-efficient engines are among its technology highlights ensuring Ateca will be one of the most innovative SUVs in the segment.
The all-turbo engine range will comprise 115PS 1.6 and 150 and 190PS 2.0-litre turbo diesels with fuel consumption range from 56 to 66mpg, and CO2 from 112 to 131g/km. The petrol engines are 115PS 1.0 TSI and 150PS 1.4-litre TSI, the latter with cylinder deactivation under partial load with cnsumption 46 to 53mpg and CO2 emissions 112 to 131g/km.
Front-wheel or all-wheel-drive models will be available with manual or dual-clutch DSG transmissions.
Technology options extend from full-LED headlights through a broad portfolio of assistance systems, including some of the very latest Volkswagen Group technology. It includes Traffic Jam Assist – which steers, accelerates and brakes automatically – and Emergency Assist which tries to alert an inactive driver via various measures and can bring to the car to a stop if there is no response. A package of high-end infotainment systems with eight-inch touchscreens and Full Link connectivity is also available. Three trim levels will offer colours and top-quality materials to suit every taste, with the top-of-the-range being the Ateca XCELLENCE.
In keeping with SEAT tradition, the Ateca is named after a village near Zaragoza in north-east Spain.
At 4.36m long, the Ateca offers some of the best use of space in the segment, with a boot that holds 510 litres in its standard configuration, or 485 litres in versions with all-wheel-drive.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre