Bodies of two missing fishermen found
- Credit: PA
The bodies of two fishermen have been found off the Norfolk coast following a long search.
The men went missing after the fishing boat they were on sank about 20 miles off the Great Yarmouth area on Saturday.
A statement from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the dead two crewman had been located by a Coastguard helicopter and airlifted to shore.
Aimee Rampton, coastguard operations controller, said: 'The helicopter located the bodies of the missing crew near the sunken fishing vessel wreckage. All units have now stood down. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the crew men.
'Formal identification of the bodies is yet to take place.'
Saturday's incident saw three other fishermen from the same boat rescued by the cruise ship Princess Pacific and the search for the other two missing fishermen involved lifeboats from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, Caister and Lowestoft.
Other vessels in the area were called in to help with the search, which was co-ordinated by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and also involved helicopters.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
HM Coastguard Gorleston posted on Facebook: 'Our thoughts are with the friends and family members of the crewmen. A fantastic effort by all involved to locate the crew.'