Bodies of two missing fishermen found
- Credit: PA
The bodies of two fishermen have been found off the Norfolk coast following a long search.
The men went missing after the fishing boat they were on sank about 20 miles off the Great Yarmouth area on Saturday.
A statement from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said the dead two crewman had been located by a Coastguard helicopter and airlifted to shore.
Aimee Rampton, coastguard operations controller, said: 'The helicopter located the bodies of the missing crew near the sunken fishing vessel wreckage. All units have now stood down. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the crew men.
'Formal identification of the bodies is yet to take place.'
You may also want to watch:
Saturday's incident saw three other fishermen from the same boat rescued by the cruise ship Princess Pacific and the search for the other two missing fishermen involved lifeboats from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, Caister and Lowestoft.
Other vessels in the area were called in to help with the search, which was co-ordinated by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and also involved helicopters.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
HM Coastguard Gorleston posted on Facebook: 'Our thoughts are with the friends and family members of the crewmen. A fantastic effort by all involved to locate the crew.'