Search for missing diver from Brighton continuing off Great Yarmouth coast
- Credit: citizenside.com
A diver is still missing off the coast of Great Yarmouth after overnight air and sea searches.
The missing man is a 68-year-old from the Brighton area who was diving on a wreck.
UK Coastguard was contacted at 6pm on bank holiday Monday by the dive boat Raider V reporting a missing male diver 12 miles east of Great Yarmouth.
A search was launched involving Coastguard rescue helicopters from Lydd and Humberside and RNLI lifeboats from Gorleston and Lowestoft along with the Caister Independent lifeboat.
The diver has not been found and the search continues on Tuesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious